Sustainable Preparedness 101 - Digital Download
Covers the core skills you need to know as well as a reason for setting up an independent homestead. If you aren't sure where to start and feel overwhelmed - this is the perfect place to begin your journey. You'll get solid biblical reasons for being independent and the tools to start you off on the right foot, no matter where you are in life today.
This 6-DVD set covers the core skills you need to know for setting up an independent homestead as well as how to start this process right now, wherever you are and whatever your situation is.
In this much-requested DVD set, we help you figure out your very first steps to becoming independent—you know, the things you can start doing right now. The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step, so this is incredibly important.
- Video 1 - Ready Or Not: It covers “What” a sustainably prepared lifestyle looks like and “Why” it’s so important—from a Christian perspective. You will learn the biblical evidence for why country living and sustainable preparedness are essential in these last days. This was what really convinced us to take the plunge and implement these things in our lives.
- Video 2 & 3 -Prepare To Share & Health Preparedness: Here’s something that folks often overlook—what about health care? In this presentation, I share from many years of experience at numerous natural health centers to help you take control of your health. You’ll learn simple natural remedies that really work for your family’s health both now, and in times of disaster. And it’s also an awesome way to be a blessing to others in need.
- Video 4 - The First Steps: After connecting with hundreds of people who are transitioning to a more independent lifestyle, we’ve observed that the #1 problem which seems to keep popping up, is work. How do you make a living when moving to a new rural location? Not everyone has to move, but if you do need to move, then making a living is something you need to look at NOW. We’ve observed that those who carefully work out their occupation situation ahead of time usually fare a LOT better than those who “wing it”.
- Video 5 - What To Look For In Land: We really want you to be successful in making this transition, so we’ll be sharing some tips that I think will help you plan wisely for making a living after relocating to a country home. You’ll also learn about what to look for and what to look out for when purchasing a piece of land or country home. My dad shares these tips from his decades of experience with building and developing.
- Video 6 - The Home Grocery: What about food on your homestead? You can’t forget that! And in this DVD set, you’ll get an introduction to growing and preserving your own food—independently—on your homestead.
- Video 7 - Heating With Wood: Heat is one of the most important necessities of life. And the vast majority of heating systems are dependent on utilities in order to function. All except wood heat! And in this DVD set, you’ll get a good primer on how to heat your home with wood—safely and effectively.
- Video 8 - Renewable Energy: And speaking of utilities, the kingpin of them all is electricity. What would you do without it? How many other systems on your homestead would fail without power? That’s why we are big advocates of renewable energy systems. And in this DVD set, you’ll get a crash course on how to get started with energy independence while maintaining a comfortable modern lifestyle.
- Video 9 - Independent Water Systems: One of the most important features that your homestead needs, is water. You simply cannot live without it. But the vast majority of homes—even in the country—are only one utility outage away from being waterless. In this DVD set, Nick shares the essential things you need to know about water systems in order to make them truly independent, so they can function even during utility outages.